Set of 5 gonggi jacks in traditional Korean maedup (knot) motif. Comes with its own mini quilted purse.
Color of purse and knots shipped out will be random.
Great gift for both children and adults.
Dimensions – App. 1.7 x 1.7 cm / 0.67 x 0.67 inches (case)
Gonggi is a popular Korean children’s game that is traditionally played using five or more small grape-sized pebbles. Nowadays, children buy colorful plastic stones instead of finding pebbles. It can be played alone or with friends.
The game generally begins with each player tossing the stones from the palm of their hand into the air. While airborne, the player switches their hand backside up. The gonggi stones are then caught on the back of the hand. The person with the leading amount plays first.
- Level 1: The stones are thrown on the playing surface and the player picks a stone to throw up in the air. While airborne, the player picks up one stone on the playing surface. Then, the player catches the stone. These steps are repeated until all the stones have been caught.
- Level 2: The stones are thrown on the playing surface again. However, at this level, the player picks up the stones two at a time.
- Level 3: The stones are thrown on the playing surface. The stones are picked up once in a cluster of three, and the other in the amount of one.
- Level 4: The player throws one stone in the air, places the others on the surface and catches the airborne stone. Then the player tosses the same stone again, but this time picks up the four clustered stones on the playing surface and catches the airborne stone.
- Level 5: The player tosses the stones from the palm of their hand into the air. While airborne, the player switches his hand backside up. The stones are then caught on the back of the hand. Then, the player throws the stones in the air and catches them. The number of stones caught amount to the score. There are various tricks in this phase. Some examples are “The Dragon” and “The Clap–Toss”. However, such ostentations are not allowed in official gameplay.
- Weight of all products on website includes packaging and other variables for shipping. It is not the product-only weight.
- Many of our items are handmade, thus designs may slightly vary according to product.
- Color of actual product may be slightly different due to monitor or lighting issues.